Monday, March 8, 2010

Singer

Sooooo, I went out after work on Friday for a little thrifting therapy. It was one of those days that I had to stay at the office late and I wasn't ready to go home.

I went in and strolled around. Looked at all my usual spots. Linens, blankets, ceramics, kitchen ware, luggage, and band shirts. Then I go and have a giggle at the Vintage Clothing section. I kidna felt like it was a bust, although I did find a cotton skirt for the coming Texas heat and a Guinness shirt for the man. I was on my way out and I thought, maybe one more turn through the housewares.....and there she was....on the bottom shelf.

I had to know what the price was. The tag was tucked under the machine and for anyone who has ever handled one of these things, man are they heavy. I managed to get the tag out and it was marked 25.00. I thought it was a bit much for a broken old Singer and was about to walk away. Then I noticed it was apart of the daily special. 50% off is awesome. I thought, what the hell, its a cute prop for 12.50. Its broken pretty good and I am a little scared to try to plug it in. The plug feels like it has come loose from the wire....so just incase, I will leave it alone.
I have some research to do. Year/make/model. I will update the post when I get the details.

Until then,
Have a poop day.

No comments:

Post a Comment